The Chair for Material Sciences (LWK) offers a variety of services for industrial applications; in addition to material testing and investigations of material failures, we also offer courses and further education seminars together with the DGM (German Materials Association – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Materialkunde).
In our laboratory, we have a large range of equipment available for research and industrial projects; among others, we have the following machines at our disposal:
- Hardness Testing Machines
- Servo-Hydraulic Testing Machines
- Instrumented Impact Testing Machine
- Scanning Electron Microscope with EBSD and EDX Detectors
- X-Ray Diffractometer
- Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope
- Transmission Scanning Microscope
- Optical and Digital Microscopes
- 2-Roll Strip Casting Mill
- Duo-Roll Mill with Discrete Roll Drives
- Heat Treatment and Melting Furnaces
- Wire-Erosion Equipment
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about our offerings, would like to receive a non-binding quote for a project, or if we can advise you further about your specific application. Questions should be directed to the heads of department: Prof. Mirko Schaper, Dr. Olexandr Grydin or Dr.-Ing. Peter Hoyer.