The main characteristic of the data set are:
- Synchronously measured motor currents and vibration signals with high resolution and sampling rate of 26 damaged bearing states and 6 undamaged (healthy) states for reference.
- Supportive measurement of speed, torque, radial load, and temperature.
- Four different operating conditions (see operating conditions).
- 20 measurements of 4 seconds each for each setting, saved as a MatLab file with a name consisting of the code of the operating condition and the four-digit bearing code (e.g. N15_M07_F10_KA01_1.mat).
- Systematic description of the bearing damage by uniform fact sheets and a measuring log, which can be downloaded with the data.
In total, experiments with 32 different bearing damages in ball bearings of type 6203 were performed:
- Undamaged (healthy) bearings (6x), see Table 6 in (pdf).
- Artificially damaged bearings (12x), see Table 4 in (pdf).
- Bearings with real damages caused by accelerated lifetime tests, (14x) see Table 5 in (pdf)