- Modeling of high temperature components under cyclic mechanical and thermal loading
- Simulation of inelastic material behavior with special attention to anisotropy and asymmetric effects
- Parameter identification of nonlinear materials using optical methods
- Development of numerical methods for efficient simulation of large-scale finite element structures
- Polymorphic uncertainty modeling
- Error controlled model adaptivity
With the coupling of education, modeling, experiment and application pursued at LTM, the future engineer is thus prepared in a multi-layered way for the ever-increasing challenges in the calculation of mechanical engineering components in industry.