An enrollment in the bachelor degree course Industrial Engineering is only possible in winter term. An enrollment in master degree courses is possible in winter and summer terms.
The course of study Industrial Engineering and Management with the field of study Mechanical Engineering (WING - MB) is not admission-limited.
The course of study Industrial Engineering with the field of study Electrical Engineering (WING - ET) is not admission-limited.
An enrollment is possible until mid September.
- Application documents in paper form are not available any longer. If you do not have Internet access, please do not hesitate to contact the Service Center of the University of Paderborn.
- Further information on the online application can be foand here: matriculation
Afterwards the Student Secretariat will inform you on when to enroll.
Field of Study Mechanical Engineering (WING - MB)
Requirements for studying Industrial Engineering & management at the University of Paderborn:
- Graduation diploma (Abitur)
- general or specialized entrance qualification for higher education
- general or specialized entrance qualification for higher education in combination with an individual assessment by the responsible audit committee, proof of general education and professional competence
Course of study Electrical Engineering (WING - ET)
Requirements for studying Electrical Engineering at the University of Paderborn:
- Graduation diploma (Abitur)
- General or specialized entrance qualification for higher education
- General or specialized entrance qualification for higher education in combination with an individual assessment by the responsible audit committee, proof of general education and professional competence
As a further requirement for studying the bachelor degree course students with a university of applied sciences entrance qualification have to proof this before an enrolment according to the regulatory framework of the University of Paderborn. Block courses, that you may visit voluntarily, are provided before the actual start of your studies.
Special professional competence is proven if you have a grade above average (better than 2,5) on your diploma in mathematics. The responsible audit committee does the determination. If you have an average grade worse than 2,4, the audit committee may determine, which test performances need to be proven as further entrance requirements. The tests in order to determine your professional competence are performed by the Chairman of the Audit Committee Industrial Engineering.
A vocational activity (industrial internship) in a scope of 12 weeks is considered as an admission requirement for the bachelor degree course. Together with your admission documents, you will receive a document that allows you to apply for an admission without any internship – however, you then need to prove your internship not later than to the point you register your bachelor thesis. Further information can be foand in internship regulations.
Bachelor degree Industrial Engineering at the University of Paderborn or equivalent studies at another university. The audit committee will decide about equivalence/ comparability and if there eventually are courses to be repeated.